Change template name

1 month 2 weeks ago #1320 by RoMcDonald
Hi,
I would like to hide the template name in the source code (in the head section), so that my client and visitors can not see the template I am using as a base.
For professional purpose and for security also (bots,...).
Is it possible to change the template name to my own?
Example in the head section:

<link href="/runway/templates/tp_runway/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon">

to become:

<link href="/mycompanyname/templates/tp_runway/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon">

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #1322 by Shobana
Hi,
To change the name of the template please follow the steps below,
1. In the template files "tp_runway" open the file "templateDetails.xml" from the root of template folder and edit the template name between tag<name>tp_runway</name> and also find the code below in the same file and change the name of language tag from "tp_runway" to your template name
<languages folder="language">
		<language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.ini</language>
		<language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.sys.ini</language>
	</languages>
2. Then go to "language -> en-GB" folder and rename the files en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.ini and en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.sys.ini as you renamed in the xml file.
3. Finally compress the folder and install it through your site backend "Extensions -> Install"

Let me know if any issues.
Thank you
Shobana
Themeparrot

1 month 1 week ago #1323 by RoMcDonald
Hi,

Some questions about the 'name change':
Will the changing of the name affect updates of the template? Or do I have to update manually afterwards?
Can I do this to the quickstart package too?

Cheers

Ronald

1 month 1 week ago #1328 by Navina priya
Hi,
By changing the template name ,updates cannot be affected.
No, You cannot do this in quickstart package.

Thank you
Themeparrot

1 month 1 week ago #1330 by RoMcDonald
Hi,
What do you mean with 'can not be affected'? Can the template be updated after name change or not (my english is no so great)?
For the quikstart package: I can install the quickstart package with the original name and then add the other renamed template to replace the original template, no?

Cheers

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #1332 by Navina priya
Hi,

If you change the template name , then then updates will not done automatically, you have to update the template manually.
You can get both the quickstart and template files from the downloaded package.
First install quickstart and then extract the template file (and do the following steps)
1. In the template files "tp_runway" open the file "templateDetails.xml" from the root of template folder and edit the template name between tag<name>tp_runway</name> and also find the code below in the same file and change the name of language tag from "tp_runway" to your template name
<languages folder="language">
        <language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.ini</language>
        <language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.sys.ini</language>
    </languages>
2. Then go to "language -> en-GB" folder and rename the files en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.ini and en-GB.tpl_tp_runway.sys.ini as you renamed in the xml file.
3. Finally compress the folder and install it through your site backend "Extensions -> Install"
After installing the renamed template, you can delete or uninstall the runway template through your site backend "Extensions -> Manage".

Thank you
Themeparrot